The GCCA CARES Breeder's Award Program
The GCCA CARES Breeder's Award Program was established to recognize the hobbyists who breed and maintain CARES fish and assist in the conservation, maintaining and distribution of CARES fish. It is designed to give more points to a person the longer they keep a CARES CICHLID group establised and are able to spread the fry to other hobbyists.
Breed CARES fish and earn points towards awards
- The first year you breed a CARES Cichlid and turn in CBAP you will receive 1 point for that species
- The second consecutive year you breed the same species and turn in a CBAP you will earn two points for that CBAP
- The third consecutive year you breed the same species and each consecutive year after you will receive three CBAP points each year you turn in a CBAP
- If you have a 24 month lapse in not turning in CBAP your points will return back to 1 point for that species
The CARES BAP objectives are:
- To learn and increase awareness of the CARES conservervatiion effort, by breeding CARES Cichlids and further one's interest activity and knowledge in the hobby;
- To accumulate points at each level, as outlined below, and receive a plaque commemorating the achievement;
A list of the cares cichlids that are on the list can be found here
Additional 15 Points
Additional 25 Points
Additional 50 Points
- Spawn and raise at least 8 fry to 60 days of age from the date of their becoming free swimming.
- Fry must be from breeders personal fish, not fish on loan from and still owned by another person.
- Credit will be given for spawning any CARES species of fish.
- Spawning details must be recorded on a BAP "Breeder's Report" and must be turned in to the CARES BAP Chairman before credit can be given.
- Eight fry, properly bagged, must be donated to the GCCA mini-auction for each spawn. A member may choose up to two spawns during each calendar year when a donation will not be required.
- Only members in good standing, as defined by the Constitution, may enter and remain in the BAP.
- Only members of the GCCA Board and CARES BAP Committee may verify spawnings.
|BAP Form (32.54 kB)