GCCA Members-only Picnic
Guests are always welcome at our meetings, however after your third visit we do ask that you officially join the club.
- Presidents commentary and business affairs - (~10 minutes)
- Discussion & overview of upcoming events ( ~5 minutes )
- Introduction of any new members (~2 minutes )
- Short Break (10 minutes)
- Speaker (~ 1 to 1.5 hours)
- BAP Auction (~15 minutes)
- Members Auction (Did you know you can auction your fish off any meeting for a fee of $2 per bag to the club, max three bags)
- Dry goods raffle (2 minutes)
- After meeting networking and questions (unlimited)
- Food / Dinner after meeting at Portillo's (30 minutes)
Meetings generally are at 6PM on the second Sunday of the month, unless otherwise noticed, so please check our Events Calendar.
Mini Auction and Donations are allowed at each meeting.
- Active members are allowed to auction off fish first two dollars for each bag will go to the club
Each meeting is attended by 25-50 people typically. The meeting starts with a welcome from our President and some business affairs may be discussed. We usually ask if there are guests present, raise your hand and tell us what kind of fish you keep!
Following business, there is a short break when you can meet other attendees, take a look at the fish that are available for sales, buy raffle tickets for aquarium goods and see the fish in our Bowl Show.
After the break, a speaker or other program is presented. We bring in speakers from all over the US and other countries. These speakers are usually an expert in cichlids or an aquarium-related topic. The talk usually lasts about an hour.
Following the talk, we announce the raffle winner and begin the auction of fish.
If you like fish or cichlids, you should come to the next meeting.
Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
1400 Milwaukee Ave,
Glenview, IL 60025
|Event Date||09-13-2020 6:00 pm|
|Event End Date||09-13-2020 9:00 pm|
|Location||Delta Hotel by Marriott - Glenview|