Meeting March New Date 2020: Rare Fish Auction
Rare Fish Auction
About the Rare Fish Auction
Twice each year, GCCA works with top breeders and importers from around the world to bring in rare and hard to find cichlids.
We generally get acknowledgement of the list of fish about a week or two prior to the auction and post a list on our website.
The Rare Fish Auction is held in curated format. The auctioneer will show a slide for each group of fish to be auctioned which will include a picture, care instructions and suggested retail price. This helps inform bidders about the potential purchase.
Purchasing Fish - Members Only
You must be a member of GCCA in good standing to purchase at our auction. Please go to Join GCCA if you would like to join prior to the auction.
We will publish a list of fish about a week prior the auction. Stay tuned!
- Presidents commentary and business affairs - (~10 minutes)
- Discussion & overview of upcoming events ( ~5 minutes )
- Introduction of any new members (~2 minutes )
- Short Break (10 minutes)
- Rare Fish Auction(~ 1 to 1.5 hours)
- BAP Auction (~15 minutes)
- Members Auction (Did you know you can auction your fish off any meeting for a fee of $2 per bag to the club, max three bags)
- Dry goods raffle (2 minutes)
- After meeting networking and questions (unlimited)
- Food / Dinner after meeting at Portillo's (30 minutes)
Meetings generally are at 6PM on the second Sunday of the month, unless otherwise noticed, so please check our Events Calendar.
Each meeting is attended by 25-50 people typically. The meeting starts with a welcome from our President and some business affairs may be discussed. We usually ask if there are guests present, raise your hand and tell us what kind of fish you keep!
Following business, there is a short break when you can meet other attendees, take a look at the fish that are available for sales, buy raffle tickets for aquarium goods and see the fish in our Bowl Show.
Following the auction, we announce the raffle winner and begin the auction of BAP Fish.
If you like fish or cichlids, you should come to the next meeting.
DELTA HOTELS BY MARRIOTT CHICAGO NORTH SHORE SUITES
1400 Milwaukee Avenue, Glenview, IL 60025
|Event Date||03-22-2020 6:00 pm|
|Event End Date||03-22-2020 9:00 pm|
|Location||Delta Hotel by Marriott - Glenview|