Sign up for email reminders for Swaps, Rare Fish Auctions, Fish Room Hops, Auctions, and Other Events (spam-free).

Subscribe

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Acaronia nassa

Acaronia nassa 2 years 7 months ago #31415

Got these At the OCA auction labled as Aequidens metae

Look more like Acaronia nasa to me

By siklid at 2011-11-28

not the greatest picture , but a neat fish so far
  • Ichy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Acaronia nassa 2 years 7 months ago #31417

I agree, looks like nassa, but that would be weird to mislable from nassa, since breeding them would be extraordinary, at least as I understand it. Maybe the seller bred both species and simply mislabeled the bag, but I would follow up with the seller for details if possible. I currently have metae but mine are too small to differentiate characteristics, especially between that of nassa. Keep shooting pics as they grow out and we can hopefully determine whether you in fact scored nassa, or if you actually have received matae, what you were expecting. Forumadmin has a breeding pair of metae and he may be able to add more about your pic. Good luck with them
  • baldtaxguy
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by baldtaxguy.

Re: Acaronia nassa 2 years 7 months ago #31422

100% correct on it being an Acaronia and they sure look like A. nassa rather than A. vultuosa. At least you got a pretty cool and rare species of fish for the bag not being what you expected!
  • Nuchal Man
  • Sam Borsteins Cichlids
  • Thank you received: 8
I have a confession. I'm a cichlaholic.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Nuchal Man.

Re: Acaronia nassa 2 years 7 months ago #31423

Well I have seen them in books, but never seen them available before . I do really like them . I itnhk they seller is an importer and might have recieved them from export under wrong name , or maybe bagged them up form wrong tank or something. I emailed them , and recieved no reply . I'll try to keep y'all posted on their progress
Thanks
Tim
  • Ichy

Re: Acaronia nassa 2 years 7 months ago #31424

Not a very common find. They do get imported from time to time. Definitely a very cool project as not many people have bred them. Wayne Liebel has written some good articles on the genus in the past. I've had some experience with them working at a pet shop. Not a very aggressive fish. They can be hard to acclimate to taking prepared foods in my experience.
  • Nuchal Man
  • Sam Borsteins Cichlids
  • Thank you received: 8
I have a confession. I'm a cichlaholic.

Re: Acaronia nassa 2 years 7 months ago #31425

These guys are PIGS!!!! they go straight for NLS 3mm pellets ! So I made it past that part .
Wish me luck
Tim
  • Ichy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds